Soup is liquid food serve warm but sometimes may be cool(as fruit soup). Soup is a combination of vegetables / meat , juice, vegetable stock or another liquid. Soup can be serve as starter or before main course. Tomato soup is popular soup of Indian cuisine. It Smooth in texture. Tomato soup is good starter that serves hot with toasted bread / fried tofu/ fried paneer cuns. This soup recipe is very easy to make.
4 big size tomato
1 tsp chopped garlic and ginger
1 bay leaf/ tej patta
1 ½ cup water
1 tsp corn flour
1 tsp oil/ butter
2-3 bread slice
½ black salt
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp black pepper powder
1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1 tsp fresh cream (if you desire)
Salt to taste
1. Take a deep pan and fill with half of water.
2. Add tomato in the pan and boil for 5-7 mins. You can boil tomato in the oven for 7 mins.
3. In meanwhile, cut the bread slice in for piece than place it on a baking tray.
4. Grill the bread for 3 mins fron both side.
5. you can roast the bread on the gas. Place the bread on the pan/tava and on the low flam toast the bread till golden brown.
6.Once the bread is toasted ,cut into cubs.
7.Drain the tomato and cool down for 10 mins.
8. Peel the tomato.
9.Roughly chopped the tomato and put in the grinder.
10.Add 1 cup water and make a fine paste.
11.Strain the tomato puree through a strainer to remove the seeds
12.Heat a pan and add butter/oil.
13. Add bay leaf and garlic-ginger and sauté for 1 mins.
14. Add tomato puree and cook it.
15. Add black pepper, black salt and salt and mix well.
16.Mix corn flour with ½ cup water.
17. Add this mixture in pan and mix well.
18.Mix well and simmer 3-4 mins till the soup thicken in low flam.
19.Now add sugar and mix.
20.Add cream and mix it.
21.Pour the hot soup in a soup bowl and garnish with chopped coriander.22.Serve hot with toasted bread .